Today's post is offers 18 things that she's learned during that first month on the road. They're pieces of wisdom that most of us are looking for but unable to find easily, distracted as we are by the minutiae of daily life. Here are the five things that really struck a chord with me:
- Time together and time apart are both important for maintaining healthy relationships.
- What you can provide your children has almost nothing to do with how grateful (or ungrateful) they will be.
- Don’t put stuff off. Just do it, even if you think the outcome or news will be bad.
- People and places can surprise you. Even if you don’t have the time to learn the back story, remember that there always is one.
- Being clear about your intentions increases the odds that you’ll be happy with your results – in just about anything.